Sunday, February 14, 2010

Vomit anyone??

Last night I told Jake that hell must have frozen over because Isaiah ASKED me to go to bed at 9:30. Little did I know the night we had in store at that point. At about 10:30 I was thrilled because I was turning off all the lights and getting to bed before midnight! yay! So I started to walk down the hall to bed when I heard it, Isaiah puking. I opened his door to find puke EVERYWHERE!! Poor guy was so out of it because not only was he sick, but it had woken him up out of a deep sleep. So I pulled him out of bed and headed to the shower. We barely made it to the bathroom when he puked all over the floor. Poor guy:(

This was his first time throwing up and I've always been scared of that moment. Mostly because how do you explain to a two year old what is going on with their body and why they feel so horrible? I tried my best to tell him his tummy was sick and was trying to get better by getting rid of all that stuff. He didn't understand. He threw up ALL NIGHT. Literally. His final puke session was at 8am. I was so worried about him because he would be out, completely asleep, and then his body would start heaving in his sleep and wake him up to puke. It was so very sad. Especially when every time he would wake up and puke he would look up at me and say "Much better Mommy". Or when he was crying saying "I need medicine Mommy!" It broke my heart.

Anyway, we survived and he is MUCH better today. However, now I have it and so does Jake so, tonight should be fun. Let's just hope Christian doesn't get it, that's what I'm most worried about.

1 comment: