Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tag Team



I've come to the conclusion that my sleeping days are over....indefinitely. I've always envied and honestly, kind of got annoyed with, people who say "oh, my son/daughter slept though the night since the day we got home from the hospital!" Really?? How is that even possible? My boys have conspired against me and created a tag team, apparently feeling that I don't need sleep. In fact, lately they have decided that 2-3 hours for me is sufficient. Call me crazy, but I enjoy at least a nice full 6 hours if I can get it.

This is how the tag team works. At about midnight (which is when I usually make it to bed) Christian wakes up crying. I rock him back to sleep or pop his paci back in his mouth and calm him down. As I quietly close the door and tip toe back to my room.......Isaiah starts to cry. I'm not sure why Isaiah wakes up crying at the age of 2. Night terrors? Growing pains? Not sure. Anyway, I soothe him back to sleep, get all warm and cozy back in bed and just when sleep is in sight, it never fails, Christian cries again. This goes on all night. Needless to say, I'm a zombie lately, literally.

However, despite all this, I must say I am literally amazed at how little sleep the human body, well, Mom body, can run on. I'm managing. It sucks, but, I'm surviving.

On another note, Christian has had a few firsts these last couple days! His first black eye (pictured) and his first words! He says "uh oh" now. Sooo cute! Oh, and he started pointing. There is also a picture of my nocturnal Isaiah. This kids HATES sleep. He stays up until 11, 11:30 and wakes up at 7. Oh, and he doesn't nap. Trust me, I've tried EVERYTHING. So I got a little tired of him being crazy hyper and sent him to the store with Daddy at 10:30 at night hoping he would fall asleep in the car. Nope, he came home wide eyed and happy as pictured. Oh well, I'm enjoying it all and soaking all these moments in, frustrating and tiring as they can be, because they will not be this small forever.

2 comments:

  1. NO, they won't be small forever...I wish! Can you imagine when are "babies" are 17 years old and we will be begging to rock them like we are now? *tear* Okay...maybe, that is extreme..but have you read the book I will always love you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I hate that book, it makes me so sad:( I know, I always tell Jake he better get all the kisses he can now from the boys because when they get a bit older, their not gonna want them! I'm their mom so I'll take them when i want them! ha ha

    ReplyDelete